Another year is rapidly ticking by. Now 2018 is upon us and the age of digital shows no signs of slowing. Technology is driving a generation of change across every industry, profession, and personal point of persuasion.
Now, after extensive research, and several months of gauging the technology market, we publish our Top 10 Tech Trends that will shape 2018.
Here we have Tech Trend No.3: On-Demand Everything.
The on-demand economy has permanently rewired expectations across many industries. What has led the way is the explosion of financial services and products of an on-demand nature. They have shown us what is possible, how such innovations can transform lives.
Now we are seeing a tremendous surge in technology to attract, nurture and keep consumers happy. To do that, on-demand services are being developed in all walks of life. From automotive to healthcare, eCommerce to education, startups to government.
- A rising mobile culture has led to smartphone-fuelled on-demand services popping up everywhere, for everything. There are endless opportunities.
- The success of the on-demand economy shows what is possible to create services that transform professional and social lives.
- The phenomenal success of online marketplaces such Amazon, EBay and Etsy has reshaped consumer behaviour, hammering bricks and mortar stores.
- Cloud infrastructure and online platforms have levelled the playing field for entrepreneurs and startups to develop innovative on-demand services.
- The keys to consumer attention/retention are 1) shortened customer journeys, 2) speed up and personalise experience, 3) eliminate attention sapping pain points. On-demand sets these free!